Aquasol Solugap Water Soluble Socket Weld Spacer Ring
The specially engineered, patented design of SoluGap offers an economical, inventive solution to socket welding needs.
Compatible with any metal, SoluGap provides the 1/16ʺ (1.6 mm) minimum gap required by ANSI 31.1, Section III, ASME, US Navy and Military Codes, eliminating the need for pre-measuring and guesswork. SoluGap is also available in 1/8″ (3.2 mm) thickness.
SoluGap features a unique 3-tabbed edge design that allows the spacers to remain secure in any pipe orientation.
SoluGap is U.S. manufactured and comprised of Aquasol’s environmentally safe, water soluble composite board. It dissolves completely and rapidly in most liquids, allowing for easy post-weld clean up.
Available in a variety of sizes ranging from 1/2″ to 2 1/2″ in diameter, SoluGap is easy to install and ready to use, providing the smartest solution to your socket welding needs.
Features and Benefits
- Made of eco-friendly Aquasol® Water Soluble Composite Board, SoluGap is compatible with any metal
- Eliminates the need to inventory multiple grades of metal spacers or the time consuming task of scribing, measuring and fitting
- Provides a uniform, precise 1/16″ (1.6 mm) minimum gap required by ANSI 31.1, Section III, ASME, US Navy and Military codes. 1/8″ (3.2 mm) thickness also available.
- Unique 3-point tabs secure placement regardless of pipe orientation
- Hollow center enables viewing during welding
- Unlike metal spacers, will not corrode or break
- Dissolves rapidly and completely in water; allowing for easy post weld clean up
Increases Efficiency and Savings
- Time and labor intensive tasks of scribing, measuring and fitting are completely eliminated
- Weld accuracy is dramatically improved vs. manual processes
- Eliminate and reduce cracked welds, saving money on costly repairs and replacement material
Numerous Applications and Industries
- Food Processing
- Nuclear and Aeronautical
- Nuclear and Power Plants
- Petrochemical Plants and Refineries
- Industrial Hydraulics
- Water Heaters and Boilers
- Railroad Air Brake Piping
- Fertilizer Plants
How SoluGap Works
Position ring by aligning outer edge with inner pipe circumference.
Snap in Place
Slide ring inside pipe so tabbed edges can fit snugly and snap-in-place, maintaining the 1/16″ or larger gap while avoiding compression.
Stay in Place
Once secured inside the pipe, ring will stay in place, even when the socket is sideways or inverted
- Tack weld 3 or 4 times maintaining proper interpass temperature, as specified by ASME B31.3 or welding engineer
- Square up the pipe after the first tack
- Proceed to weld without exceeding interpass temperature
Introduce hot or cold water to dissolve and remove its entire contents, leaving no residue in the pipe or if preferred, simply leave the spacer in the pipe as no adverse effects will result
Types & Sizes
SoluGap Water Soluble Socket Weld Spacer Ring
|SGP-0.5||1/2″||20 mm||1/16″||1.6 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-0.75||3/4″||25 mm||1/16″||1.6 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-1.0||1″||32 mm||1/16″||1.6 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-1.25||1 1/4″||40 mm||1/16″||1.6 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-1.50||1 1/2″||50 mm||1/16″||1.6 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-1.75||1 3/4″||57 mm||1/16″||1.6 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-2.0||2″||63 mm||1/16″||1.6 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-2.50||2 1/2″||75 mm||1/16″||1.6 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-0.5/2||1/2″||20 mm||1/8″||3.3 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-0.75/2||3/4″||25 mm||1/8″||3.3 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-1.0/2||1″||32 mm||1/8″||3.3 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-1.25/2||1 1/4″||40 mm||1/8″||3.3 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-1.50/2||1 1/2″||50 mm||1/8″||3.3 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-1.75/2||1 3/4″||57 mm||1/8″||3.3 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-2.0/2||2″||63 mm||1/8″||3.3 mm||50 pcs/bag|
|SGP-2.50/2||2 1/2″||75 mm||1/8″||3.3 mm||50 pcs/bag|
Khang Dong Nam Company specializes in supplying and distributing products of Solugap Water Soluble Socket Weld Spacer Ring in Vung Tau and all over Vietnam with high quality and reasonable price. Contact us when you need to buy products or you have any requests for product information